Senior Software Engineer
Project: PSA Product (Personal Shopping Assistant)
PSA is a scan and bag solution, allowing customers to scan and bag groceries using their mobile phone or in-store scanning device. PSA also shows relevant coupons/media based on purchase historical and real time targeting such as the last item scanned, in-store location, and traits.
- Designed and implemented features for quarterly releases
- Helped design the PSA High Availability feature
- Integrated RFID support for loss prevention
- Introduced the Drools rules engine to calculate traits
- Defined cloning/ghosting process for production rollout
- Authored and maintained release notes
- Authored technical and functional specifications
- Authored technical and functional flowcharts
Project: PSA Custom
The custom layer of PSA integrates that retailer's point of sale (POS) system with our product as well as any custom features they may want.
- Managed and coordinated with the team leads for PSA, MTS, Mobile, Professional services and contractors to deliver the Meijer customization for team member pilot
- Integrated with Meijer's POS (VPOS)
- Integrated with Stop & Shop's POS (ACE)
- Travelled to client site for initial integration testing
- Coordinated with clients and vendors as part of POS integration efforts
- Mentored and lead junior engineers
- Lead and participated in code reviews
Project: MTS (Media Targeting System)
MTS is a cloud based application that allows brand marketers and retailers run multiple and extensive campaigns with PSA through the use of RESTful web services.
- Helped Design and implement version 1.0 of MTS
- Migrated media logic from PSA to MTS
- Developed Jmeter scripts to test load performance
Project: Release Engineering
Linux based shell scripts that installed our product on a Linux server.
- Helped design, maintain, and implement build scripts and installer scripts
- Created middleware, product and custom installers
- Became SME for installers