Project Name: E-Commerce
Description of the Project: E-Commerce system consists of 15 web based applications exposed to internet and intranet. The applications exposed to internet are for client employees to enroll into group insurance, check their coverage, add/update beneficiaries, check the status of medical underwriting application, veterans self service site etc. E-Com also has Employer based applications to help the client employers to check their bills, submit claims on behalf of employees etc.
Worked as Team lead and senior developer at onsite. I am involved in several enhancements to OSGLI application, Rewrite of ISSO Admin application, enhancements to RKS SelfService application, built a new application for GI Webenrollment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in software architecture, detailed design, coding, testing and creation of functional specs of enhancement application.
- Creating High Level and Low Level System Design documents.
- Developing the web applications using Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Applying Spring Framework for transaction Management and Spring JDBC for building ORM, and for AOP and Dependency Injection
- Responsible for using AJAX framework with JQuery, Dojo, ExtJs implementation for Widgets and Events handling.
- Customizing Log4J for maintaining information and debugging.
- Creating Unit test cases using Junit.
- Performed design reviews with the Architects, code reviews with the team.
- Preparing builds, deploy and co-ordinate with the release management team to ensure that the proper process is followed during the release.
- Providing end to end support for the testing activities during system testing, UAT.
- Customizing third party vendor information using Web services (SOAP and WSDL).
- Maintain source code using PVCS.
- Preparing technical documentation of the application.
- Production support for applications delivered and met the SLA's for Sev-1 issues
- Responsible for closing the backlog of production related issues.
- Responsible for effective communication between the project team and the customer. Provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer.
- Review system requirements and translate into design documents, establish specific solutions, and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Follow the defined IBM Quality Procedures for the projects and continuously monitor and audit to ensure team meets quality goals.
Technology Used: Java, J2EE, Spring framework, JQuery, XML, XSL, Log4j, WebSphere Application Server 7.0/6.0, Oracle, SQL Server