Location: Memphis & India
Provided support for design and development phases of 'ROADS' and 'IROADS' applications, which are used by Fedex Ground Operations to determine best routes from shipping centers to delivery destinations. The applications also make use of geographical maps to determine best routes and present a visual plan to the Ground Operations' staff.
- Exposure to work environments that adheres to Extreme Programming/Agile and CMMI level 5 quality standards while executing the projects.
- Managed a team of five developing a prototype for correcting international addresses.
- Extensively involved in gathering requirements for the 'Address Correction' prototype.
- Extensively involved in developing and presenting a High Level Design (HLD).
- Designed and developed the back, middle and presentation layers of the 'ROADS' and 'IROADS'
- Developed and maintained guidelines and standards for code review and optimization.
- Provide support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at client site.
- Coordinate with offshore development teams during UAT as onsite coordinator.
- Mentored junior team members and shared with them the technical and domain knowledge required for the project.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during high-level design review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Wrote automated scripts for building and deploying applications on server.
- Responsible for maintaining project status report and Release notes for every delivery.
Client: Thomson Learning Role: Developer
Provided support to the testing team by maintaining test data in a database, calculate turn around time for a bug and ensuring that data was available for retrieval.
- Extensively involved in designing an automated process to gather and store test data for reference.
- Extensively involved in designing and developing new features such as embedded charts to depict
- Preparation of test cases and Test Reports.